2. "Out of context, as Wes Jackson has said, the best minds do the worst damage."
- Wendell Berry, Bringing it to the Table: Writings on Farming and Food
3. "the history of science cannot be written by pulling scientific ‘firsts’ out of their historical context, but only by seeing with eyes and minds of our historical characters."
- Lawrence M. Principe, The Scientific Revolution: A Very Short Introduction
4. "faithfulness works itself out in the context of complex social, political, economic, and cultural forces that prevail at a particular time and place."
- James Davison Hunter, To Change the World: The Irony
5. "No text can be understood out of its entire context. The most "entire" context is Jesus. Every biblical text must be read in the living presence of Jesus. Every word of the scriptural text is a window or door leading us out of the tarpaper shacks of self into this great outdoors of God's revelation."
- Quote by Eugene H. Peterson
9. "The devil is a master at making us question God and His Word. Twisting Scripture . . . taking a verse out of context . . .deceiving us into thinking God is mean-spirited—these are some of Satan’s favorite tricks."
- Billy Graham, Billy Graham in Quotes
10. "Community is essential when it comes to successfully living out the Christian walk in a day-to-day context. So the math is simple: More community = More disciples Understanding the nature of groups helps you"
- Ed Stetzer, Transformational Groups: Creating a New Scorecard for Groups