1. "What the heck was that supposed to mean? Pep"
- Dan Gutman, Mission Unstoppable
2. "CHAPTER FORTY-TWO BITTER PILL Southern California"
- Billy Idol, Dancing With Myself
3. "After a bitter pill, God gives sugar."
- Thomas Watson, All Things for Good
4. "i drink caffeine" she said calmly "lot's of it gives you pep"
- Ally Carter, Heist Society
5. "I'm doped and thick from my last sleeping pill."
- Sylvia Plath, Ariel: The Restored Edition
6. "Swallow it down (what a jagged little pill)"
- Quote by Alanis Morissette
7. "The bigger the headache, the bigger the pill."
- Quote by George Clinton
8. "Use Cosmic Ordering now, not as a morning after pill."
- Stephen Richards, Cosmic Ordering: You can be successful
9. "Real optimism is not the pep talk you give yourself. It is earned through the labor involved in emotional housekeeping."
- Quote by Augusten Burroughs
10. "The trouble with giving yourself a pep talk is, that deep down you know it's all bullshit."
- Sophie Kinsella, Remember Me?