1. "For my part, when I enter most intimately into what I call myself, I always stumble on some particular perception or other, of heat or cold, light or shade, love or hatred, pain or pleasure. I never can catch myself at any time without a perception, and never can observe any thing but the perception…"
- David Hume, A Treatise of Human Nature
2. "Clarity comes when you unify all the faculties of the mind into a magnificent light of perception. That light is the concentrated force of the mind. It is by that brightness that truth is revealed."
- Quote by Ming-Dao Deng
3. "It frightens me," Shallan said, "because we all see the world by some kind of light personal to us, and that light changes perception. I don't see clearly. I want to, but I don't know if I ever truly can."
- Brandon Sanderson, Words of Radiance
6. "perception of causation has a biological foundation."
- Nassim Nicholas Taleb, The Black Swan: The Impact of the Highly Improbable
7. "Forgiveness is the healing of the perception of separation."
- Helen Schucman, A Course in Miracles: The Text Workbook for Students
9. "The perception of beauty is a moral test."
- Quote by Henry David Thoreau