1. "Still, to understand how the human mind sorts through the chaos of perception, surely one would need to understand how disorder can produce universality."
- James Gleick, Chaos: Making a New Science
2. "To see one in all and all in one is to break through the great barrier which narrows one’s perception of reality,"
- Thich Nhat Hanh, The Miracle of Mindfulness: An Introduction to the Practice of Meditation
4. "A metaphor is not an ornament. It is an organ of perception. Through metaphors, we see the world as one thing or another."
- Quote by Neil Postman
6. "The sum of the knowable, that soil which the human spirit must till, lies between all the languages and independent of them, at their center. But man cannot approach this purely objective realm other than through his own modes of cognition and feeling, in other words: subjectively. Just where study and research touch the highest and deepest point, just there does the mechanical, logical use of reason - whatever in us can most easily be separated from our uniqueness as individual human beings - find itself at the end of its rope. From here on we need a process of inner perception and creation. And all that we can plainly know about this is its result, namely, that objective truth always rises from the entire energy of subjective individuality."
- Wilhelm von Humboldt, Humanist Without Portfolio: An Anthology of the writings of Wilhelm von Humboldt
7. "Perception is the world; the world is perception. In"
- Deepak Chopra, The Book of Secrets: Unlocking the Hidden Dimensions of Your Life
8. "I want to see thirst In the syllables, Touch fire In the sound; Feel through the dark For the scream."
- Quote by Pablo Neruda
9. "And then something truly bizarre happened. I could feel his touch through our eyes. I couldn't look away from him."
- Quote by P.C. Cast
10. "through prayer we can reach into the future and with loving hands touch those beyond our reach."
- Quote by Brother Andrew