2. "The Pin is mightier than the sword"
- Quote by Fred Reinfeld
5. "His words hung between them, and Faith tried to pin down when exactly their relationship had gone from cooly professional to personal. There was something so kind about him under his awkward manners and social ineptness. Despite her best intentions, Faith realised that she could not hate Will Trent."
- Karin Slaughter, Fractured
6. "being disappeared who was protected by none, dear to none, interesting to none, and who never even attracted to himself the attention of those students of human nature who omit no opportunity of thrusting a pin through a common fly, and examining it under the microscope."
- Nikolai Gogol, Works of Nikolai Gogol
9. "Appraise it [war] in terms of the five fundamental factors, says Sun Tzu. The first of these factors is moral influence… by moral influence I mean that which causes the people to be in harmony with their leaders, so that they will accompany them in life and unto death without fear of mortal peril. In the words of Sun Pin, engaging in a battle without righteousness, no one under Heaven would be able to be solid and strong."
- Martin van Creveld, A History of Strategy: From Sun Tzu to William S. Lind
10. "I wish I knew what you were talking about," she returned. "Where's the pin?" "Pin?" "Yes. Pin. To fasten the diaper. The kid can't hold the thing up with two hands."
- Quote by Emma Goldrick