2. "Honolulu’s police chief William Gabrielson and Lieutenant General Delos Emmons, the army commander in Hawaii, stating that there were no acts of sabotage preceding or during the attack on Pearl Harbor."
- Richard Reeves, Infamy: The Shocking Story of the Japanese-American Internment in World War II
5. "Police, you under arrest!"
- Quote by Robert Lipsyte
6. "police are the people and people are the police"
- Quote by Robert Peel
8. "who are the brain police?"
- Quote by Frank Zappa
10. "I felt my face going blank, my eyes going empty. For just an instant I let Marks see the gaping hole where my conscience was supposed to be. I didn't really mean to, but I couldn't seem to help it. Maybe I was more shaken up from the room and its survivors than I thought. It's the only excuse I can give. Marks' face went from fading laughter to something like concern. He gave me cop eyes, but underneath that was an uncertainty that was almost fear. "Smile, Lieutenant. It's a good day. No one died." I watched the thought spill through his face. He understood exactly what I meant. You should never even hint to the police that you're willing to kill, but I was tired, and I still had to go back into the room. Fuck it. Edward spoke in his own voice, low and empty, "And you wonder why I compete with you?"
- Laurell K. Hamilton, Obsidian Butterfly