4. "We’re taking Forest to the police station, and then I’m taking the minions home with me. I’ll stash them in my apartment until someone springs Forest. They haven’t put the carpet down yet, and Briggs is there to babysit."
- Janet Evanovich, Top Secret Twenty-one
5. "every seven miles, in America, there is at least one McDonald's. Not a hospital, mind you, or a police station, but a McDonald's, every seven miles. I mean, that's sort of scary, if you think about it."
- Meg Cabot, Code Name Cassandra
7. "escaped from the theater by running into the adjacent fire station, sliding down the firemen’s pole, and escaping in a police car while one of the engines rushed out to create a diversion."
- Philip Norman, Shout!: The Beatles in Their Generation
8. "But still we go on, he thinks with a sigh as he crosses his legs, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the police station and doctor's office."
- Andrew Holleran, The Beauty of Men
9. "What have you gotten me into?" I hissed to him. "Me? What have you gotten yourself into? Couldn't I have just picked you up at the police station for underage drinking, like most fathers?"
- Richelle Mead, Last Sacrifice