1. Byron lives on not only in his poetry, but also in his creation of the 'Byronic hero' - the persona of a brooding melancholy young man
1. "sitting on that bench just pondering. I don't"
- Joyce Meyer, Straight Talk on Worry
2. "pondering how illogical logical thinking can be if a big enough committee is doing it."
- Terry Pratchett, Making Money
3. "I was just struggling with my inner vachette and pondering the depths of my own inhumanity."
- David Sedaris, Me Talk Pretty One Day
4. "To live is to experience things, not sit around pondering the meaning of life."
- Paulo Coelho, Aleph
5. "She was pondering the option of law school, the great American baby-sitter for directionless postgrads."
- John Grisham, The Runaway Jury
6. "You sure you're all right? You aren't out here pondering dark female thoughts are you?"
- Joe Hill, NOS4A2
7. "Spend time pondering not what you see, Merlin advised Arthur, but why you see it."
- Deepak Chopra, The Way of the Wizard: Twenty Spiritual Lessons for Creating the Life You Want
8. "Spiritual joy comes from pondering the mysteries of faith, not enthusing about them."
- Quote by Romanus Cessario
9. "Mary is the only possible witness to Jesus’s conception and birth. And Luke is a credible witness to Mary’s pondering."
- Scott Hahn, Joy to the World: How Christ's Coming Changed Everything
10. "Taittinger pondered, but he was well aware that no amount of pondering had yet helped him to a sensible conclusion."
- Joseph Roth, The Tale of the 1002nd Night: A Novel