1. suffrage was the prerogative of white adult males
1. "It is the prerogative of wizards to be grumpy."
- Jim Butcher, Storm Front
2. "terror should remain the sole prerogative of the state."
- William Gibson, The Peripheral
3. "I'm not talking to anyone, I'm delivering a monologue. It's the inebriated man's prerogative."
- Carlos Ruiz Zafón, The Angel's Game
4. "To make someone wait: the constant prerogative of all power, "age-old pastime of humanity"."
- Roland Barthes, A Lover's Discourse: Fragments
5. "It is a fool’s prerogative to utter truths that no one else will speak. –SHAKESPEARE"
- Michio Kaku, Physics of the Impossible: A Scientific Exploration of the World of Phasers
6. "The illusion that freedom is the prerogative of one's own particular race is fairly widespread."
- Agatha Christie, Appointment with Death
7. "Stupidity is the prerogative of the wealthy. Pauper's field is crammed with smart guys."
- Chandler Brossard, The Bold Saboteurs
8. "Senseless violence is a prerogative of youth, which has much energy but little talent for the constructive."
- Anthony Burgess, A Clockwork Orange
9. "Well, I am going to exercise my prerogative of roaring and show you how fares nobility. Watch me."
- Jack London, The Sea Wolf
10. "The use of means for the obtaining of peace is ours; the bestowing of it is God's prerogative."
- John Owen, The Works of John Owen: The Mortification Of Sin