1. "Customer: A person who purchases a commodity or service. Client: A person who is under the protection of another."
- Jay Abraham, Getting Everything You Can Out of All You've Got: 21 Ways You Can Out-Think
2. "God sometimes removes a person from your life for your protection. Don't run after them."
- Quote by Rick Warren
3. "The expectations of civilized society should afford all the protection a person needs. But that armor is rendered as thin as a tissue when one is dealing with the uncivilized. -Bene Gesserit Archives"
- Brian Herbert, The Winds of Dune
4. "Protection is the first necessity of opulence and luxury"
- Quote by Joseph Conrad
6. "One hundred and one. No person above seventeen years of age shall have any benefit or protection of the law, or be capable of any place of profit or honor, who is not a member of some church or profession, having his name recorded in some one, and but one religious record at once."
- John Locke, The John Locke Collection: 6 Classic Works
7. "On its own, being a decent person is no guarantee that you will act well, which brings us back to the one protection we have against demagogues, tricksters, and the madness of crowds, and our surest guide through the uncertain shoals of life: clear and reasoned thinking. Logic will never fail you, unless you’re unaware of—or deliberately ignore—the consequences of your deeds."
- Christopher Paolini, Inheritance Cycle Omnibus: Eragon
8. "Those of us who follow politics seriously rather than view it as a game show do not look at Hillary Clinton and simply think 'first woman president.' We think—for example—'first ex-co-president' or 'first wife of a disbarred lawyer and impeached former incumbent' or 'first person to use her daughter as photo-op protection during her husband's perjury rap."
- Quote by Christopher Hitchens
9. "Daddy King recognized that in the face of concerted evil, his son had nowhere to hide. No matter how much protection a person has, it will not be enough if the enemy is hatred, he would write. His son’s fate, he realized, had been sealed years earlier. To avoid it was impossible, even as avoiding the coming of darkness in the evening. The"
- Hampton Sides, Hellhound on His Trail: The Stalking of Martin Luther King