1. "The death-tolls during the last years of the Qing dynasty and in China’s forty years of non-Communist republican government are impossible to be precise about, but the figures are estimated to be very large."
- Andrew Marr, A History of the World
3. "The Qing Empire was about to feel the full force of history’s most successful narco-state: the British Empire."
- Niall Ferguson, The Ascent of Money: A Financial History of the World
4. "Does a daughter judge her father? whispered Qing-jao. Of course she does, said Father. Every day all people judge all other people. The question is whether we judge wisely."
- Orson Scott Card, Xenocide
6. "In a manner of speaking. As we intend for you to found a dynasty. And that dynasty will rule society until it has progressed enough to-" "Overthrow the dynasty in a revolutionary, blood filled coup!" Iggy said eagerly. We all looked at him. "Just saying." He sheepishly took a bite of cookie."
- James Patterson, Angel
8. "Every series of evolutions, according to them, was presided over by a prophet; and every prophet had his 'Hazar,'—his dynasty of a thousand years." All"
- Friedrich Nietzsche, Thus Spoke Zarathustra