1. "Rat-a-tat-tat." "Quack.""
- Quote by Kate Angell
- Chris Hedges, Losing Moses on the Freeway: The 10 Commandments in America
6. "That Massachusetts Bay Colony had been set up in England as a corporation, enabling one hundred white male religious fanatics to elect their leader to rule in a completely totalitarian way."
- Larry Kramer, The American People: Volume 1: Search for My Heart: A Novel
7. "And, as expected, via negativa is part of classical wisdom. For the Arab scholar and religious leader Ali Bin Abi-Taleb (no relation), keeping one’s distance from an ignorant person is equivalent to keeping company with a wise man."
- Nassim Nicholas Taleb, Antifragile: Things that Gain from Disorder
8. "I wanted to be a religious leader when I was young and now I just reside in my house and try not to be too unhappy. I have a friend living with me, which makes it easier."
- Jane Bowles, Two Serious Ladies
9. "And call no man your father on earth … No religious leader is to be called father. How clear is that? Don’t call people father for … you have one Father who is in heaven (v. 9)."
- James MacDonald, Authentic: Developing the Disciplines of a Sincere Faith
10. "Foster had in common with every great religious leader of that planet two traits: he had an extremely magnetic personality, and sexually he did not fall near the human norm. On Earth great religious leaders were always either celibate or the antithesis. Foster was not celibate. (p.289)"
- Robert A. Heinlein, Stranger in a Strange Land