1. he lost his faith but not his morality
- Chris Hedges, Losing Moses on the Freeway: The 10 Commandments in America
5. "Religious belief does not do away with either natural or human law from which sovereignty is derived."
- Timothy Brook, Vermeer's Hat: The Seventeenth Century and the Dawn of the Global World
6. "The religious freedom promoted by Bill O'Reilly, Sarah Palin, the Conference of Catholic Bishops, the Religious Right of Ken Ham and Tony Perkins is a fraud and a scam; it is antithetical to true freedom of conscience and belief."
- Barry W. Lynn, God and Government: Twenty-Five Years of Fighting for Equality
8. "All religious belief is a function of nonrational faith. And faith, by its very definition, tends to be impervious to intellectual argument or academic criticism"
- Quote by Jon Krakauer
9. "Fear of death, wonder at the causes of chance events or unintelligible happenings, hope for divine aid and gratitude for good fortune, cooperated to generate religious belief."
- Will Durant, Our Oriental Heritage