2. "But we assure the socialists that we repudiate only forced organization, not natural organization. We repudiate the forms of association that are forced upon us, not free association. We repudiate forced fraternity, not true fraternity. We repudiate the artificial unity that does nothing more than deprive persons of individual responsibility. We do not repudiate the natural unity of mankind under Providence."
- Frédéric Bastiat, The Law
4. "Why is it that many contemporary male thinkers, especially men of color, repudiate the imperialist legacy of Columbus but affirm dimensions of that legacy by their refusal to repudiate patriarchy?"
- Quote by bell hooks
5. "...the holiest among us has but attained so far above his fellows as to discern more clearly the Mercy which looks down, and repudiate more utterly the phantom of human merit, which would look aspiringly upward."
- Quote by Nathaniel Hawthorne
6. "Hua could not repudiate the Cultural Revolution, and this weakened him. He was also a comparative newcomer to the centers of power, and he lacked the web of connections and informal relations that Deng had built up over many years."
- Daron Acemoğlu, Why Nations Fail: The Origins of Power
7. "We were tolerated. and that is unforgivable. If you cannot accept a man wholeheartedly, then you should have the fortitude to repudiate him. Kwame in "The two hearts of Kwasi Boachi"
- Quote by Arthur Japin
8. "One thing is certain—that there was an active circulation of money. We must repudiate the idea that the people of the Merovingian epoch lived under a system of natural economy."
- Henri Pirenne, Mohammed and Charlemagne
9. "I will go to the Ring of Sacred Volcanoes, but I shall go not as a member of the MacHeath clan — no, I shall go as a free runner. I reject you. I deny you, I refuse and repudiate you as my clan."
- Kathryn Lasky, Watch Wolf
10. "A child cannot be taught by anyone who despises him, and a child cannot afford to be fooled. A child cannot be taught by anyone whose demand, essentially, is that the child repudiate his experience, and all that gives him sustenance."
- Quote by James Baldwin