2. "As rowdy as the place was, I’ve seen rowdier times playing fraternity parties in Oklahoma."
- Levon Helm, This Wheel's on Fire: Levon Helm and the Story of the Band
3. "Because Rowdy Yates was that and then some. He was also drop-dead gorgeous in a devilish, careless, edgy way. Where Reese tempered his sex appeal, Rowdy threw it out there without reserve, bludgeoning innocent bystanders with his raw magnetism."
- Lori Foster, Bare It All
6. "if a lecture was not interesting or proceeded too slowly or too quickly, they would jeer and become rowdy."
- Leonard Mlodinow, The Upright Thinkers: The Human Journey from Living in Trees to Understanding the Cosmos
7. "A rowdy bunch on the whole, they were most of them so violently individualistic as to be practically interchangeable."
- Quote by Elaine Dundy
8. "Rowdy fought everybody. He fought boys and girls. Men and women. He fought stray dogs. Hell, he fought the weather. He'd throw wild punches at rain. Honestly."
- Sherman Alexie, The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian
9. "we will never become the men we are called to be unless we learn the art of friendship and intentionally cultivate deep, meaningful, rowdy relationships with other men."
- Stephen Mansfield, Mansfield's Book of Manly Men: An Utterly Invigorating Guide to Being Your Most Masculine Self