2. "It amazes me that those who behave rudely always expect to be treated politely."
- Quote by Roger Simon
3. "No matter how rudely someone treats you, remain kind. Walking away at peace with yourself is worth it."
- Quote by Anne Rice
5. "In what did the emancipating message of Christianity consist but in the announcement that God recognizes those weak and tender impulses which paganism had so rudely overlooked?"
- William James, The Writings of William James
7. "I felt sorry that he had suffered so long in the hospital, sorry that even in his last minutes our mindless technology had so rudely interrupted his transition"
- Abraham Verghese, My Own Country: A Doctor's Story
10. "Ye who have laid your love to rest, And wept above their lifeless clay, Know not the anguish of that breast, Whose lov'd are rudely torn away. Ye may not know how desolate, Are bosoms rudely forced to part, And how a dull and heavy weight, Will press the life-drops from the heart."
- Quote by Frances Ellen Watkins Harper