1. "Le poids de ton sac, c'est de la peur."
- Quote by Jean-Christophe Rufin
3. "If you put your hand in my pocket, you’ll drag back six inches of bloody stump."
- Quote by Harlan Ellison
5. "skin-that smooth plump sweetly fragrant sac upon which life scrawls the record of our failures and exhaustion"
- Quote by Jennifer Egan
7. "The Cul-de-Sac ( French for "dead end" ) ... is a situation where you work and work and work and nothing much changes"
- Seth Godin, The Dip: A Little Book That Teaches You When to Quit
8. "The cultural problem was 'the fallacy of insignificance', and it was a philosophical form of this fallacy that had somehow landed existentialism in a cul de sac."
- Quote by Colin Wilson
9. "Painted into a corner, caught in a cul-de-sac, out on that final last-chance limb, life scrabbles around, searching for a new way out."
- Joseph Chilton Pearce, The Crack in the Cosmic Egg: New Constructs of Mind and Reality
10. "The following recipe is from Abercrombie & Fitch s catalogue: Skin and clean carefully four muskrats, being particular not to rupture musk or gall sac."
- Horace Kephart, The Book of Camping and Woodcraft: A Guidebook for Those who Travel in the Wilderness