2. "I like to praise and reward in a loud voice and to scold in a whisper."
- Quote by Catherine the Great
3. "Some mothers are kissing mothers and some are scolding mothers, but it is love just the same, and most mothers kiss and scold together"
- Quote by Pearl S. Buck
4. "Ever console or scold people hurt in human relationships that satisfaction comes from God alone? Stop. Adam's fellowship with God was perfect, and God Himself declared Adam needed other humans."
- John Ortberg Jr., Everybody's Normal Till You Get to Know Them
5. "I learned thirty years ago that it is foolish to scold. I have enough trouble overcoming my own limitations without fretting over the fact that God has not seen fit to distribute evenly the gift of intelligence."
- Dale Carnegie, How to Win Friends & Influence People
6. "There is nothing in the world, I tell you, so maddening as a person who doesn't answer when you abuse him. You shout and you scold, you are ready to burst a gut, and he stands there and smiles...."
- Sholem Aleichem, Tevye's Daughters: Collected Stories of Sholom Aleichem
7. "She sat in the dew-damp grass and ripped up clumps of it, tossing them in the air and feeling vaguely guilty about it. Some gnome ought to pop out of the tree and scold her for torturing the lawn."
- Holly Black, Tithe: A Modern Faerie Tale
8. "When people say, 'I've told you fifty times', They mean to scold, and very often do; When poets say, 'I've written fifty rhymes', They make you dread that they'll recite them too"
- George Gordon Byron, Don Juan
9. "You can use your tongue to slander, to gripe, to scold, to nag, and to quarrel; or you can bring it under the control of God’s Spirit and make it an instrument of blessing and praise."
- Billy Graham, Billy Graham in Quotes
10. "You may abuse a tragedy, though you cannot write one. You may scold a carpenter who has made you a bad table, though you cannot make a table. It is not your trade to make tables."
- Quote by Samuel Johnson