1. "Take accessible to mean / acceptable, accommodating, openly servile."
- Quote by Geoffrey Hill
2. "St. Thomas connects servile fear with dead faith (loveless faith) and filial fear with living faith."
- Peter Kreeft, Practical Theology: Spiritual Direction from St. Thomas Aquinas
4. "We are whiplashed between an arrogant overestimation of ourselves and a servile underestimation of ourselves."
- Quote by Parker J. Palmer
- Haruki Murakami, Underground: The Tokyo Gas Attack and the Japanese Psyche
9. "I could become servile, cloying, saccharinely sweet: the whole package of lies that passes in the world as femininity."
- Quote by Erica Jong
10. "Our attitude toward life determines life's attitude towards us"
- Quote by Earl Nightingale