3. "Social networks are created from any collection of connections among a group of people and things."
- Derek Hansen, Analyzing Social Media Networks with NodeXL: Insights from a Connected World
5. "We need to learn the disciplines that will help cultivate the wisdom of the group and larger social systems."
- Peter M. Senge, Presence: An Exploration of Profound Change in People
6. "A language is a system of arbitrary vocal symbols by means of which a social group cooperates."
- Quote by Bernard Bloch
7. "he turned Kennedy into an in-group member For an experimental replication of this, see Experiment 2 in Rothbart, M., & Hallmark, W. (1988). In-group-out-group differences in the perceived efficacy of coercion and conciliation in resolving social conflict. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 55(2), 248–257."
- Daniel J. Levitin, The Organized Mind: Thinking Straight in the Age of Information Overload
8. "Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accept the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay-and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
- Quote by Robert A. Heinlein
9. "The individual is a cell in the social superorganism. When he feels he is no longer necessary to the larger group, he, too, begins to wither away. As"
- Howard Bloom, The Lucifer Principle : A Scientific Expedition into the Forces of History
10. "Oppenheimer, The State, p. 15: What, then, is the State as a sociological concept? The State, completely in its genesis . . . is a social institution, forced by a victorious group of men on a defeated group, with the sole purpose of regulating the dominion of the victorious group of men on a defeated group, and securing itself against revolt from within and attacks from abroad. Teleologically, this dominion had no other purpose than the economic exploitation of the vanquished by the victors. And"
- Murray N. Rothbard, The Anatomy of the State