1. hardy explorers of northern Canada
2. proud of her tall stalwart son
3. stout seamen
4. sturdy young athletes
- Liz Kessler, A Year Without Autumn
2. "Some people have remarkably sturdy illusions."
- Stephen King, The Bazaar of Bad Dreams
3. "The nature of things is, I admit, a sturdy adversary."
- Edmund Burke, The Letters on a Regicide Peace
4. "I'm 190 pounds of rock hard muscle, underneath 40 pounds of sturdy protective fat."
- John Swartzwelder, The Time Machine Did It
5. "Prevarication, like honesty, is reflexive, and soon becomes a sturdy habit, as reliable as truth."
- Norman Mailer, The Castle in the Forest
6. "comes from sturdy stock and knows how to work hard and take what comes."
- Gary Chapman, Rising Above a Toxic Workplace: Taking Care of Yourself in an Unhealthy Environment
7. "And they tramped off to the forests with sturdy youths bearing guitars, twang-twang!"
- Quote by D.H. Lawrence
8. "naiads who liked to drown people, which meant she needed a sturdy"
- Brandon Mull, Fablehaven: The Complete Series
9. "Every sturdy tree that towers over human beings owes its existence to a deeply rooted core."
- John Stevens, The Art of Peace
10. "The human heart was such a complex organ, fragile and sturdy all at once."
- Susan Wiggs, Just Breathe