1. "With solitude, however, fervently it is desired and embraced, comes loneliness. T. H White, the author, offered advice to those in sadness -- learn something new."
- Carolyn G. Heilbrun, The Last Gift of Time: Life Beyond Sixty
4. "What is mind? No matter. What is matter? Never mind. —T. H. Key Of"
- Jeffrey M. Schwartz, The Mind and the Brain: Neuroplasticity and the Power of Mental Force
6. "Natural selection rendered evolution scientifically intelligible: it was this more than anything else which convinced professional biologists like Sir Joseph Hooker, T. H. Huxley and Ernst Haeckel."
- Charles Darwin, The Origin of Species
8. "Academics and scientists too easily enjoy the role of secular priesthood given them in the nineteenth century by T. H. Huxley in particular."
- Simon James, Atlantic Celts: Ancient People Or Modern Invention