4. "Thank you, she says and yanks the pull-tab off the soda can. She takes a big sip and aaahs. Then she takes the pull-tab and puts it on her ring finger like a wedding band. She holds her hand out and looks at it. Someday, she says wistfully. Wow, a soda pop pull-tab ring. You’re easy. Most girls want their ring from Tiffany’s. Well, I’m not most girls. She’s telling me?"
- Caprice Crane, Stupid and Contagious
9. "In the middle of the conversation, I open a third ale. I cup my hand over the mouthpiece so they don't hear the tab of the ale being popped. It dawns on me that this is a slightly contrary action. Like stopping into Baby Gap before having an abortion."
- Augusten Burroughs, Dry
10. "The first thing on Dr. Amen’s master to-do list, the first thing he sees each day, is his gratitude list. Rather than just writing down a few things, he keeps a running tab on what he is grateful for, looks at it every day, and adds to it as joyful moments occur."
- Rick Warren, The Daniel Plan: 40 Days to a Healthier Life