1. "comes from sturdy stock and knows how to work hard and take what comes."
- Gary Chapman, Rising Above a Toxic Workplace: Taking Care of Yourself in an Unhealthy Environment
6. "THE STOCK-BROKER’S CLERK"
- Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Sherlock Holmes: All 4 Novels & 56 Short Stories
8. "I don't take much stock of detectives in novels - chaps that do things and never let you see how they do them. That's just inspiration: not business."
- Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Sherlock Holmes
9. "Take your hallowed halls of Congress or the littered floor of the Stock Exchange, America is built on its pancake houses!"
- Michael Paterniti, Driving Mr. Albert: A Trip Across America with Einstein's Brain
10. "An economists’ consensus is perhaps more a rarity than a regularity. But when it happens, we need to pause and take stock."
- Dani Rodrik, Economics Rules: The Rights and Wrongs of the Dismal Science