1. "The risk of a fatal car crash with a driver who’s eighty-five or older is more than three times higher than it is with a teenage driver."
- Atul Gawande, Being Mortal: Medicine and What Matters in the End
2. "In the world's most dangerous country, the job of going after Pablo was the most dangerous position of all."
- Mark Bowden, Killing Pablo: The Hunt for the World's Greatest Outlaw
6. "The Four Global Options Now that you grasp the BIG picture, which includes your life values, your career values, your T-Bar, and current market conditions, it’s time to consider the four global options. I call these global options because, in reality, these are the only four job or career options you have. Option #1: Same job–same industry. Choosing Option #1 means you enjoy both and, most likely, need only conduct a job transition campaign to seek out a new company or organization. For example, a fifth grade teacher who is teaching in a public school may seek the same job (teacher) in the same industry (public school system); this teacher only needs to look at a new school in the same school district or to apply for a teacher’s position in a new school district. Option #2: New job–same industry. Option #2 means you enjoy the industry but need to identify a new job within that industry. Using the fifth grade teacher as an example again, she might seek a new job as an assistant"
- Jay A. Block, 101 Best Ways to Land a Job in Troubled Times
7. "Okay, consider this. Say you’re going to go on a long journey with someone by car. And the two of you will take turns driving. Which type of person would you choose? One who’s a good driver, but inattentive, or an attentive person who’s not such a good driver?"
- Haruki Murakami, Sputnik Sweetheart
9. "... that your are the prime driver of your life. The world is malleable enough to be shaped by you. To lead a better life you just have to work harder, or use more willpower, or make better decisions."
- David Brooks, El Camino del carácter
10. "It is hard to say what will happen to the people that pass in and out of life. A simple cab driver can be just a driver, or he can be the love of one’s life. A woman on the street waiting for a ride could become a passenger, or something much deeper. In the end, you never know who you will meet or where."
- Brooke Williams, Taxi Delivery