1. "Left wing, right wing, chicken wing."
- Quote by Woody Guthrie
3. "Anthony Howard, then editor of the left-wing New Statesman, once pointed out that if Huey Long had only used left-wing phraseology he would have enjoyed wide support from the New York and London intelligentsia."
- Robert Conquest, Reflections on a Ravaged Century
4. "Sternly saving his greatest strength for the right wing, he did not yield to that vaulting ambition in his plan. But the lure of the left wing remained to tempt his successors."
- Barbara W. Tuchman, The Guns of August
5. "196. "Look on the bright side, suicide Lost eyesight I'm on your side Angel left wing, right wing, broken wing Lack of iron and/or sleeping Protector of the kennel Ecto-plasma, Ecto-skeletal Obituary birthday Your scent is still here in my place of recovery!" ~"
- Quote by Kurt Cobain
7. "The right wing will be identified with the monied class, even when the left often has more money. And the left wing will be identified as the whiners, even though the right at times whines as much or more. You might say that both sides are monied, high human capital whiners, on the whole."
- Quote by Tyler Cowen
8. "He sucked the chicken wing philosophically."
- Quote by Machado de Assis
9. "I think it has become more prevalent because the space has been left completely uncontested to the Muslim right wing, which does not respect anyone’s rights whatsoever except for this one right to cover a woman’s face,’ she replied. ‘No one has pushed back against the Muslim right wing. Integration has largely failed across Europe, even in the UK."
- Nick Cohen, You Can't Read This Book: Censorship in an Age of Freedom