1. "A thorough knowledge of the Bible is worth more than a college education."
- Quote by Theodore Roosevelt
2. "The only fence against the world is a thorough knowledge of it."
- Quote by John Locke
5. "I do not mean to object to a thorough knowledge of the famous works we read. I object only to the interminable comments and bewildering criticisms that teach but one thing: there are as many opinions as there are men."
- Helen Keller, The Story of My Life
6. "[T]he best historians...take a thorough knowledge of the evidence of their subject and combine it with a sharp intellect, the warmest understanding of people and the highest imaginative powers."
- Elliot Perlman, The Street Sweeper
7. "An accomplished woman is one who has a thorough knowledge of music, singing, drawing, dancing and the modern languages; she must be well trained in the fighting styles of the Kyoto masters and the modern tactics and weaponry of Europe."
- Quote by Seth Grahame-Smith
8. "No knowledge, however thorough and extensive, no brilliance and perspicuity, no dialectic sophistication, will preserve us from the commmonness of thought and will. It is truly not the merit of the school if we do not come out selfish."
- Max Stirner, The False Principle of Our Education
9. "One has no right to love or hate anything if one has not acquired a thorough knowledge of its nature. Great love springs from great knowledge of the beloved object, and if you know it but little you will be able to love it only a little or not at all."
- Quote by Leonardo da Vinci