1. "woe to him who stops to tie his shoestring?"
- Orison Swett Marden, 7 BOOKS ON PROSPERITY & SUCCESS. Prosperity:How To Attract It
2. "Don't tie yourself in knots trying to predict the future."
- Quote by Jennifer Fallon
3. "We will begin by learning how to tie our shoes."
- Quote by John Wooden
6. "Nekad nepieņemiet apbalvojumus, ja tie nav uzdrukāti uz bankas čekiem. Jo citādi tie nāk par labu tikai piešķīrējiem."
- Quote by Carlos Ruiz Zafón
7. "I got a lady who liked George because she said he knew how to tie his tie right, said the black girl. Gloria Steinem showed him how to tie it. You should have seen how he tied it before that."
- Hunter S. Thompson, Fear and Loathing on the Campaign Trail '72
8. "As long as Flynn kept his tie on, he wouldn't turn into Tony. Besides, most sexual encounters began when a guy loosened his tie. A loose tie led to everything becoming loose. Flynn wanted to stay tight."
- Vicki Lewis Thompson, Gone With the Nerd
9. "And here," she said. "Let me fix your tie." She tugged on his bow tie, her eyes appraising him, and he basked in it. He had left his tie crooked on purpose, just so she could straighten it."
- Elin Hilderbrand, Beautiful Day