2. "Rights are a protection from society. But only by fulfilling their obligations to society can the individual give meaning to that protection. (V - From Ideology Towards Equilibrium)"
- John Ralston Saul, The Unconscious Civilization
3. "Women would then need to resort to the ballot box to request that protection—assuming the majority sees fit to give them the right/privilege to vote."
- Timothy Sandefur, The Conscience of the Constitution: The Declaration of Independence and the Right to Liberty
4. "Charley wondered how it happened that men of the cloth always seemed to misunderstand the ways of the Lord. If you wanted protection you had to ask for money or love, and He would give you protection instead. Prayer was a study in misdirection..."
- Pete Dexter, Deadwood
5. "love is undying,of that I feel certain.I mean deep,abiding,cherishing love.The love that gives protection even as you,my guardian angel,gave me protection long after you had gone-and continue to give this very day... A love beyond Death-a love that makes Life alive!"
- Ruskin Bond, Scenes from a Writer's Life
6. "Two things a man can give the woman he loves...his name and his protection..."
- Alice Childress, Wedding Band: A Love/Hate Story in Black and White
7. "Pray because Christ died to give us access to the Father. Pray because God is worthy of our praise. Pray because we need His forgiveness, cleansing, guidance, and protection. Pray because others need our prayers."
- Billy Graham, Billy Graham in Quotes
8. "Governments appreciate terrorists, because they provide a good advertisement for the need for government, for its protection. They love wars, because they give government a reason for existing – to save us from the infidel."
- Tom Hodgkinson, The Freedom Manifesto: How to Free Yourself from Anxiety
9. "In my view, the right to bear arms is in the Constitution for three main reasons: self-protection, community protection, and protection from tyrrany."
- Quote by Glenn Beck