4. "A nice girl should never go anywhere without a loaded gun and a big knife." ~ Sarah Agnes Prine"
- Quote by Nancy E. Turner
5. "Yeah, but I want to take a look at your little peashooter. It's kinda cute." "It's a gun," Brenda said. Lula pulled her Glock out of her bag and aimed it at Brenda. "Bitch, this is a gun. It could put a hole in you big enough to drive a truck through."
- Janet Evanovich, Explosive Eighteen
6. "As we walked back to the car, Johnny said, "A tree's one thing, but it's a big deal when you point a gun at someone. Basically, you're giving them permission to kill you."
- Ian McEwan, Enduring Love
7. "I keep the gun in a hollowed out copy of the Koran. And there the big book was, tossed on the bed, open and gunless. Nothing else disturbed. I mean, they actually checked my Koran to see if there was a gun inside. I knew I was dealing with a sick son of a bitch."
- David Wong, John Dies at the End
8. "The end of a gun looks very big and very back when it's staring you in the face."
- Quote by Lilith Saintcrow
9. "Sally put his gun back in his pants. "Guess I flunked the estrogen test." We all stared at his crotch, and Grandma said what Lula and I were thinking. "I thought that bulge was your dingdong,"Grandma said. "Jesus," Sally said, "who do you think I am, Thunder the Wonder Horse? My gun wouldn't fit in my purse." "You need to get a smaller gun," Lula said. "Ruins your lines with that big old Glock in your drawers."
- Janet Evanovich, Four to Score