3. "A novelist is an elephant, but an elephant who must pretend to forget."
- Quote by Mary McCarthy
4. "When the bullseye becomes as big as an elephant in your mind, you won’t be able to miss it."
- Quote by Alejandro Jodorowsky
5. "The mind is divided, like a rider on an elephant, and the rider's job is to serve the elephant."
- Jonathan Haidt, The Righteous Mind: Why Good People are Divided by Politics and Religion
6. "You can’t blow an uncertain trumpet."
- Jack Canfield, The Success Principles(TM) - 10th Anniversary Edition: How to Get from Where You Are to Where You Want to Be
9. "How hard can it be to find a girl and an elephant for Christ's sake?"
- Quote by Sara Gruen
10. "Ambiguity is exhausting to the Rider, because the Rider is tugging on the reins of the Elephant, trying to direct the Elephant down a new path. But when the road is uncertain, the Elephant will insist on taking the default path, the most familiar path, just as the doctors did. Why? Because uncertainty makes the Elephant anxious. (Think of how, in an unfamiliar place, you gravitate toward a familiar face.) And that’s why decision paralysis can be deadly for change—because the most familiar path is always the status quo."
- Chip Heath, Switch