1. "You'd been petting a stuffed dog?' she said 'A dead one?' 'It was a really well stuffed dog' I clarified. 'I have seen some bad taxidermy. This was top-notch work. It would have fooled anyone."
- Maureen Johnson, The Madness Underneath
3. "Not for the first time in my life I had made it to the top. For some reason this made me hanker for a chili dog with chopped onions under a blanket of processed American cheese."
- Walter Mosley, All I Did Was Shoot My Man
4. "Your unconscious mind dominates your behavior, but you can inject a new idea into the unconscious mind either way. The results are well worth it. If you want to become a top dog, you have to first act like one."
- Nick Morgan, Power Cues: The Subtle Science of Leading Groups
5. "A guy walks into a bar with a dog under his arm, puts the dog on the bar, and announces that the dog can talk and that he has a hundred dollars he’s willing to bet anyone who says he can’t. The bartender quickly takes the bet and the guy turns to his dog and asks, What’s the thing on top of this building that keeps the rain from coming inside? ROOF, answers the dog. Who are you kidding? says the bartender. I’m not paying. The dog’s owner says, How about double or nothing and I’ll ask him something else? Well...okay. The guy then turns to his dog and asks, Who was the greatest ballplayer of all time? RUTH, replies the dog. With that, the bartender picks them both up and throws them out the door. As they hit the sidewalk the dog looks at his owner and says, Do you think I should’ve said DiMaggio?"
- Barry Dougherty, Friars Club Private Joke File: More Than 2,000 Very Naughty Jokes from the Grand Masters of Comedy
6. "It was Aileron who saw the light blaze in Arthur's face. The Warrior leaped from his horse down into the road and, at the top of his great voice, cried 'Cavall!' Bracing his legs, he opened wide his arms and was knocked flying, nonetheless, by the wild leap of the dog. Over and over they rolled, the dog yelping in intoxicated delight, the Warrior mock growling in his chest. . . . This is' asked Aileron with gentle irony, 'your dog?"
- Guy Gavriel Kay, The Wandering Fire
10. "Yap, yap little dog."
- Quote by Paul S. Kemp