1. "sex seeks the part; love the totality."
- Fulton J. Sheen, Three to Get Married
2. "All knowledge, the totality of all questions and answers, is contained in the dog."
- Franz Kafka, The Great Wall of China and Other Stories
3. "This is why classical thought concerning structure could say that the center is, paradoxically, within the structure and outside it. The center is at the center of the totality, and yet, since the center does not belong to the totality (is not part of the totality), the totality has its center elsewhere. The center is not the center."
- Mark Z. Danielewski, House of Leaves
4. "you’ve already been so damaged that damage itself, in its totality, makes you safe."
- Lionel Shriver, We Need to Talk About Kevin
5. "Empty your cup so that it may be filled; become devoid to gain totality."
- Quote by Bruce Lee
6. "We can never sneer at the stars, mock the dawn, or scoff at the totality of being."
- Quote by Abraham Joshua Heschel
7. "You are labelling pieces of the world with words, then confusing your word-hoard for the totality of life."
- Brian Bates, The Way of Wyrd
8. "the true subject of science fiction is death, not life. It will all end. The totality of it."
- Gary Shteyngart, Super Sad True Love Story
9. "Everybody has his own revelations, but the mass of the totality has never been revealed to anybody."
- Quote by Robert Motherwell
10. "Work of each individual contributes to a totality and so becomes undying part of a totality. That totality is human life. Past and present and to come forms a tapestry that has been in existence now for many tens and thousands of years. And has been growing more elaborate, and on the whole more beautiful."
- Isaac Asimov, Robots and Empire