1. "It was the biggest investigation ever conducted, for a single crime, in U.S. history. Several"
- Hampton Sides, Hellhound on His Trail: The Stalking of Martin Luther King
3. "In 1812 the U.S. Army consisted of fewer than seven thousand regular troops."
- Gordon S. Wood, Empire of Liberty: A History of the Early Republic
8. "The conduct of the criminal investigation has been left in the experienced hands of Inspector Lestrade, of Scotland Yard, who is following up the clues with his accustomed energy and sagacity."
- Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Sherlock Holmes
9. "Unfortunately, my army consists of one unreliable criminal, one girl with a disability, and one incredibly foolish young vampire with a tanning issue. I am not confident."
- Rachel Caine, Kiss of Death