2. "international community—a technical term referring to the U.S. government and whoever goes along with it."
- Noam Chomsky, Gaza in Crisis: Reflections on Israel's War Against the Palestinians
4. "NASA, a U.S. government agency that makes extensive use of Java. One notable example is SkyWatch, an applet that helps stargazers keep an eye out for orbiting satellites."
- Rogers Cadenhead, Java in 24 Hours
6. "When one may pay out over two million dollars to presidential and Congressional campaigns, the U.S. government is virtually up for sale."
- Quote by John W. Gardner
7. "The U.S. government spends billions of dollars on disasters after they happen, but it pinches pennies when it comes to preparing for them."
- Deborah Blum, The Best American Science and Nature Writing 2014
8. "I was ecstatic when they re-named "French fries" as "freedom fries." Grown men and women in positions of power in the U.S. government showing themselves as idiots."
- Quote by Johnny Depp
9. "It is not the function of our government to keep the citizen from falling into error; it is the function of the citizen to keep the government from falling into error. U.S. SUPREME COURT JUSTICE ROBERT H. JACKSON, 1950"
- Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark
10. "You're too straight, you just don't understand these guys' priorities. They don't expect any law or justice from the U.S. government. They don't even expect the government to be sane. The whole federal system just detached itself from them and floated off into deep space. They think of the government as something like bad weather. It's something you just endure."
- Bruce Sterling, Distraction