6. "The [Gila River area is] so utterly desolate, desert, and Godforsaken, that Kit Carson says a wolf could not make his living upon it. | U.S. Representative THOMAS HART BENTON addressing the house of representatives, June 26, 1854"
- Margot Mifflin, The Blue Tattoo: The Life of Olive Oatman
7. "It is a vicious circle: blacks are imprisoned disproportionately and so blackness and transgression get yoked together in the imaginary of the U.S. racist collective mind. This generates an ideology that often greases the structural machinery that turns many more blacks into the U.S. prison house. The darkened prison nation is an institution of terror for the racially subordinate populations; but in addition, as racialized, it then becomes an institutional symbol in the wider society. The"
- Mark Lewis Taylor, The Executed God: The Way of the Cross in Lockdown America
8. "The United States made no secret of its desire to have the House of Saud bankroll Osama bin Laden's Afghan war against the Soviet Union during the 1980s, and Riyadh and Washington together contributed an estimated $3.5 billion to the mujahideen.5 However, U.S. and Saudi participation went far beyond this."
- John Perkins, Confessions of an Economic Hit Man
9. "How the Committee of 300 Arranges Elections The term fair and free elections has no meaning in the U.S. The candidates for the presidency are selected by the Committee of 300 so in reality it does not matter who wins the election and goes on to the White House. The"
- John Coleman, The Conspirator's Hierarchy: The Committee of 300