2. "There you might celebrate that fact by consuming a Three Mile Limit, a drink that literally commemorated the end of U.S. territorial waters and the beginning of boozing. When"
- Ted Haigh, Vintage Spirits and Forgotten Cocktails: From the Alamagoozlum to the Zombie
4. "Jefferson grasped the import of the moment, issuing a proclamation banning armed British ships from U.S. waters.9 At a cabinet meeting he decided to call on the governors of the states to have their quotas of one hundred thousand militiamen ready, and he ordered the purchase of arms, ammunition, and supplies.10,11 The president gave the order unilaterally, without congressional approval. He"
- Jon Meacham, Thomas Jefferson: The Art of Power
5. "Under international trade laws, sardine covers almost two dozen species of fish (for U.S. products it exclusively means young herring), though the true sardine, from Portugal, Spain, France, Morocco, and Algeria, refers to the young pilchard (Sardina pilchardus) caught in Mediterranean or Atlantic waters."
- Holly Hughes, Best Food Writing 2010
9. "To unpathed waters, undreamed shores."
- Quote by William Shakespeare