1. "Q: What do you call a cow that won’t give milk? A: An udder failure."
- Scott McNeely, Ultimate Book of Jokes: The Essential Collection of More Than 1,500 Jokes
3. "We are all of us born in moral stupidity, taking the world as an udder to feed our supreme selves"
- Quote by George Eliot
4. "Out of your poisons you brewed your balsam. You milked your cow, melancholy; now you drink the sweet milk of her udder."
- Quote by Friedrich Nietzsche
8. "Only then did I see. Something was amiss with Patrick's snap-on one piece, or "onesie" as we manly dads like to call it. His chubby thighs, I now realized, were squeezed into the armholes, which were so tight they must have been cutting off his circulation. The collared neck hung between his legs like an udder. Up top, Patrick's head stuck out through the unsnapped crotch, and his arms were lost somewhere in the billowing pant legs. It was quite a look."
- John Grogan, Marley & Me: Life and Love with the World's Worst Dog
9. "But of course it makes sense because we are Third Worlders and Third Worlders are forward-looking, we like things to be new, because our best is still ahead, while in the West their best is already past and so they have to make a fetish of that past.Remember this is our newly middle-class world. We haven’t completed the first cycle of prosperity, before going back to the beginning again, to drink milk from the cow’s udder."
- Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, Americanah
10. "I don’t need your Lot, Eliezer, Hagar, or anything of you. You must walk before Me, not doing anything by yourself or on your own. You must be nourished and supplied by the sufficiency of My divine udder. Then you will be able to produce something not only for Me but also of Me. I only accept and approve what is out of Myself. I shall not produce an Isaac without you. I shall produce an Isaac through you, but not out of you. You are My channel, not the source. Whenever you consider yourself to be the source, you insult Me. I am the unique, all-sufficient source. You have known Me as the Most High God, the Possessor of heaven and earth. Now you must know Me as El-Shaddai, as the all-sufficient Mighty One with an udder. Stay under My udder and be supplied and nourished constantly by My all-sufficiency. This is the way to walk before Me. As Abraham learned to know grace for the fulfillment of God’s purpose, God changed him in both name and in nature. God changed Abraham’s constitution by"
- Witness Lee, Life Study Of Genesis