5. "How blind and unreasoning and arbitrary are some of the laws of nature - the most of them, in fact!"
- Mark Twain, The Double-Barrelled Detective: Dual Language Reader
6. "This was...This was sickeningly different. It was blind, unreasoning hate that just wanted blood and she didn't understand why. It left her feeling horrified and shaky."
- Rachel Caine, Bitter Blood
7. "There is something mankind can never destroy in spite of an unreasoning will to destruction, and this is its own idealism, that integral part of its very being."
- Quote by Radclyffe Hall
8. "The only thing we have to fear is fear itself--nameless, unreasoning, unjustified terror which paralyzes needed efforts to convert retreat into advance."
- Quote by Franklin D. Roosevelt
9. "Let me first assert my firm belief that the only thing we have to fear is fear itself—nameless, unreasoning, unjustified terror which paralyzes needed efforts to convert retreat into advance."
- William Manchester, The Glory and the Dream: A Narrative History of America