4. "O dark dark dark. They all go into the dark, The vacant interstellar spaces, the vacant into the vacant"
- Quote by T.S. Eliot
5. "A Loud Laugh Bespeaks a Vacant Mind!"
- Quote by William Shakespeare
6. "He got out of bed and peeped through the blinds. To the east and opposite to him gardens and an apple-orchard lay, and there in strange liquid tranquility hung the morning star, and rose, rilling into the dusk of night the first grey of dawn. The street beneath its autumn leaves was vacant, charmed, deserted."
- Walter de la Mare, The Return
7. "Grief fills the room up of my absent child, Lies in his bed, walks up and down with me, Puts on his pretty looks, repeats his words, Remembers me of all his gracious parts, Stuffs out his vacant garments with his form;"
- William Shakespeare, The Complete Works of Shakespeare
8. "Grief fills the room up of my absent child, Lies in his bed, walks up and down with me, Puts on his pretty look, repeats his words, Remembers me of his gracious parts, Stuffs out his vacant garments with his form"
- William Shakespeare, King John
9. "A mind perpetually open, will be a mind perpetually vacant."
- Quote by Bertrand Russell