2. "O dark dark dark. They all go into the dark, The vacant interstellar spaces, the vacant into the vacant"
- Quote by T.S. Eliot
3. "A Loud Laugh Bespeaks a Vacant Mind!"
- Quote by William Shakespeare
4. "She looked at Bernard with an expression of rapture, but of rapture in which there was no trace of agitation or excitement—for to be excited is still to be unsatisfied. Hers was the calm ecstasy of achieved consummation, the peace, not of mere vacant satiety and nothingness, but of balanced life, of energies at rest and in equilibrium. A rich and living peace."
- Aldous Huxley, Brave New World
5. "A mind perpetually open, will be a mind perpetually vacant."
- Quote by Bertrand Russell
7. "Even when it stands vacant the past is never empty"."
- Quote by Ivan Doig
8. "Gods have a way of sprouting from vacant lots."
- Quote by Robert Dawson
10. "Nothing could exceed his energy when the working fit was upon him: but now and again a reaction would seize him, and for days on end he would lie upon the sofa in the sitting- room, hardly uttering a word or moving a muscle from morning to night. On these occasions I have noticed such a dreamy, vacant expression in his eyes, that I might have suspected him of being addicted to the use of some narcotic, had not the temperance and cleanliness of his whole life forbidden such a notion."
- Arthur Conan Doyle, A Study in Scarlet