2. "O dark dark dark. They all go into the dark, The vacant interstellar spaces, the vacant into the vacant"
- Quote by T.S. Eliot
3. "A Loud Laugh Bespeaks a Vacant Mind!"
- Quote by William Shakespeare
5. "A mind perpetually open, will be a mind perpetually vacant."
- Quote by Bertrand Russell
7. "Even when it stands vacant the past is never empty"."
- Quote by Ivan Doig
8. "Gods have a way of sprouting from vacant lots."
- Quote by Robert Dawson
10. "It is for this reason that I have so largely set down the particulars of the caresses I was treated with by the jeweller, and also by this prince; not to make the story an incentive to the vice, which I am now such a sorrowful penitent for being guilty of (God forbid any should make so vile a use of so good a design), but to draw the just picture of a man enslaved to the rage of his vicious appetite; how he defaces the image of God in his soul, dethrones his reason, causes conscience to abdicate the possession, and exalts sense into the vacant throne; how he deposes the man and exalts the brute."
- Daniel Defoe, The Fortunate Mistress (Parts 1 and 2) or a History of the Life of Mademoiselle de Beleau Known by the Name of the Lady Roxana