1. "Someday Isle is not a dream vacation spot. It is an imaginary destination to which you will never arrive. It is the carrot on the stick perpetually in front of you. So close you can see it, yet you will never reach it. Don't vacation on Someday Isle."
- Quote by Frank F. Lunn
2. "Laughter is an instant vacation."
- Quote by Milton Berle
4. "But his liquor cabinet was empty, his apartment devoid of anything female since Cecilia had walked out in a huff last Tuesday and his vocabulary had been missing the words extended vacation since he’d taken over the top spot at TweedleDee Toys."
- Shirley Jump, Married By Morning
5. "Despite today’s notions of Atlantic City as a vacation spot for the wealthy, the resort could never have survived by catering to the upper class. It was the lower-middle and lower classes that were the lifeblood of Atlantic City. They comprised the great mass of visitors to the resort and the rates of most rooms were structured for them."
- Nelson Johnson, Boardwalk Empire: The Birth
6. "Writing is my vacation from living"
- Quote by Eugene O'Neill
7. "Reading... a vacation for the mind...."
- Quote by Dave Barry
8. "Every Vacation bring Sunshine in our Heart."
- Quote by Jan Jansen
9. "Crawl underneath the hood of any growing church that is actually growing from the unchurched, and you will find that the number one reason newcomers attend is that they were invited by a friend. Churches grow from the unchurched because their members and attendees talk about it to their unchurched friends. It comes up in their conversations like the mention of a good movie, a favorite restaurant or a treasured vacation spot. There is a culture of invitation."
- Thom S. Rainer, ChurchLeaders Top 100: 2013 Edition
10. "THE GOING HOME SYNDROME As human beings, we gravitate toward the familiar. We like to sleep on the same side of the bed each night, to park in the same space at work, to go back to our favorite vacation spot. Returning to the familiar is a basic instinct that gives our lives a sense of continuity and safety in a chaotic and changing universe."
- Barbara De Angelis, Are You the One for Me?: Knowing Who's Right and Avoiding Who's Wrong