2. "When words cease to cling close to things, kingdoms fall, empires wane and diminish."
- Quote by Ezra Pound
8. "Alternating periods of activity and rest is necessary to survive, let alone thrive. Capacity, interest, and mental endurance all wax and wane. Plan accordingly."
- Timothy Ferriss, The 4-Hour Workweek
9. "as people’s capacities wane, whether through age or ill health, making their lives better often requires curbing our purely medical imperatives—resisting the urge to fiddle and fix and control."
- Atul Gawande, Being Mortal: Medicine and What Matters in the End