6. "All my life, in nameless, indeterminate ways, I'd tried to complete my life with someone else--first my father, then Hugh, even Whit, and I didn't want that anymore. I wanted to belong to myself."
- Quote by Sue Monk Kidd
7. "Really rather fascinating, you know,' he confided, and I recognized, with an internal sigh, the song of the scholar, as identifying a sound as the terr-whit! of a thrush."
- Diana Gabaldon, Outlander
8. "I learned that the world didn’t see the inside of you, that it didn’t care a whit about the hopes and dreams, and sorrows, that lay masked by skin and bone."
- Khaled Hosseini, And the Mountains Echoed
9. "No, he said, now in a voice with a touch of eloquence, authority from God is not afraid of challengers, makes no defense, and cares not one whit if it must be dethroned. That"
- Gene Edwards, A Tale of three Kings: A Study in Brokenness