2. "Time is a child playing with droughts. The lordship is to the child."
- Quote by Heraclitus
3. "Level with you child by being honest. Nobody spots a phony quicker than a child."
- Quote by Mary MacCracken
4. "Power came the way a child came -- with agony."
- Quote by Octavia E. Butler
6. "But we were lonely. we had nobody to play with. The gay child, the inventive child, the spirited and wild child, was lonely."
- Anaïs Nin, Fire: From A Journal of Love - The Unexpurgated Diary of Anaïs Nin
7. "We need to always deal with the child in front of us, not the child of our fantasies."
- Madeline Levine, The Price of Privilege: How Parental Pressure and Material Advantage Are Creating a Generation of Disconnected and Unhappy Kids
8. "C18: A child is autistic or has Asperger's syndrome. Should we use one language only with the child?"
- Colin Baker, A Parents' and Teachers' Guide to Bilingualism: 4th edition
9. "When I was a child, I used to speak like a child, think like a child, reason like a child; when I became a man, I did away with childish things. 1 Corinthians 13:11"
- Stephen Kendrick, The Resolution for Men
10. "...wary as any burnt child with an unfamiliar fire to contend with."
- Quote by Suzette Haden Elgin