1. "Life is an X-rated soap opera."
- Quote by John Irving
2. "With flowers the sex is up-front and x-rated."
- Harold Davis, Photographing Flowers: Exploring Macro Worlds with Harold Davis
5. "I'm usually a big fan of sexual tension, but this is like an X-rated kindergarten class, with two little jerks crushing on each other, both too stupid to admit it out loud."
- Gena Showalter, The Queen of Zombie Hearts
6. "I feel like I'm lost in an anime movie" I said, as Coyote picked the thing up. "One of the tentacle-monster ones." Most of them were X-rated and ended up with a lot of dead people."
- Patricia Briggs, River Marked
7. "My problem is with the warped value system our culture has. Why is it that if you knife a woman in a movie it's PG, but if you swear at her it's rated R and if you make love to her it's rated X?"
- Tim Dorsey, Squall Lines
8. "Longevity is highly over rated."
- Martin Kimeldorf, Writing an Obituary Worth Reading: A Guide to Writing a Fulfilling Life-Review
9. "Blue hadn’t expected him to come back, and she stumbled on nothing. He grabbed her just as she was about to step into the roller pan. April, who’d been doing some X-rated grinds to Baby Got Back, immediately stopped dancing. Jack sat Blue on her feet."
- Susan Elizabeth Phillips, Natural Born Charmer
10. "After her three-second celebratory dance on center court at the All England Club, the American media reported, And there was Serena … Crip-Walking all over the most lily-white place in the world…. You couldn’t help but shake your head…. What Serena did was akin to cracking a tasteless, X-rated joke inside a church…. What she did was immature and classless."
- Claudia Rankine, Citizen: An American Lyric