2. "For nine years Paul had not called her by her name. She had always been "Shorty" or "Kid" or "You" to him since she was twelve. It wasn't until her first night working as a waitress at the yacht club that Alice realized this"
- Ann Brashares, The Last Summer
4. "One day in May 1930, Celia took her twoyear- old son for a swim at the yacht club, but it was already the onset of the Argentine winter, cold and windy. That night, the little boy had a coughing fit. A doctor diagnosed him as suffering from asthmatic bronchitis and prescribed the normal remedies, but the attack lasted for several days. Ernestito had developed chronic asthma, which would afflict him for the rest of his life and irrevocably change the course of his parents’ lives."
- Quote by Jon Lee Anderson
5. "This is getting tedious," Dee muttered. "Drive on. Turn right into the yacht club. I have an idea." He looked at Virginia. "Can you stop them?" He jerked his thumb at the cyclists. Virginia Dare gave him a withering look. "I have stopped armies. Or have you forgotten?" "I doubt you'll ever let me," he sighed. Then he stuck his fingers in his ears. Rolling her window down, Virginia placed her flute on the edge of the glass, took a deep breath, closed her eyes and blew gently. The sound was appalling."
- Michael Scott, The Warlock
6. "Like the apple bruising Kafka’s beetle, each of these pellets of recollection lodged in Moose’s flesh, releasing its cargo of memories of all the things he had lost— Not lost! Gained! Moose thundered aloud, but now, mercifully, that debate (lost or gained?) was supplanted in his mind by the proximity of Belmont Harbor and the yacht club. Yes, this was the place; Moose eased the station wagon into a parking space, desperate to free himself of its chassis, whose sole purpose, it now seemed, was to hold him still so that these bullets of memory could assault him, enter his flesh and release their shrapnel of foolish and unreliable nostalgia."
- Jennifer Egan, Look at Me
7. "Do you remember the fundraiser buffet for the senator at the Yacht Club? ... I’d forgotten something in my car so I was outside when you arrived. I saw you driving too fast with the top down and the music too loud. You were belting out the lyrics like you didn’t care who was listening. Then I watched you use the rearview mirror to fix yourself up so you’d look respectable, and when you were all spit-polished and perfect, you gave the mirror the finger. She remembered. You asked me out on our first date that night."
- Shannon Stacey, Undeniably Yours
8. "Books + friendship = book club"
- Quote by Kristin Hannah
10. "Money can't buy happiness but it can buy a huge yacht that sails right next to it."
- Quote by David Lee Roth