5. "Air is the very substance of our freedom, the substance of superhuman joy.... aerial joy is freedom."
- Quote by Gaston Bachelard
7. "The hawk is aerial brother of the wave which he sails over and surveys, those his perfect air-inflated wings answering to the elemental unfledged pinions of the sea."
- Henry David Thoreau, Walden
8. "The geometry of a peacock's tail is more aerial: "The eyes in a peacock's spread tail are situated at the intersecting point of a double cluster of spirals, that are apparently Archimedean spirals."
- Gaston Bachelard, The Poetics of Space
9. "The Overtakelessness of Those Who have accomplished Death - Majestic is to me beyond The majesties of Earth - The Soul her "Not at Home" Inscribes upon the Flesh - And takes a fine aerial gait Beyond the Writ of Touch."
- Quote by Emily Dickinson