1. "Yikes. Yahoo. Yum."
- Quote by Charlaine Harris
2. "People who observe me say I’m so much happier. Ironically, Yahoo has become a proxy for Alibaba and nothing more, and only Yang got a seat on Alibaba's board, nobody else from Yahoo did. 53 The"
- David Schneider, The 80/20 Investor: Investing in an Uncertain and Complex World - How to Simplify Investing with a Single Principle
4. "When the Web emerged, companies, led by Yahoo, started to organize it for consumers. Yahoo began as a directory of directories. Anytime someone put up a new website, Yahoo would add it to its directory, and then it started breaking websites down into groups—finance, news, sports, business, entertainment, et cetera. And then search came along, said Cutting, and Web search engines, like AltaVista, started cropping up."
- Thomas L. Friedman, Thank You for Being Late: An Optimist's Guide to Thriving in the Age of Accelerations
5. "A soldier is a "Yahoo" hired to kill in cold blood as many of his own Species, who have never offended him, as possibly he can."
- Quote by Jonathan Swift
6. "If anything, diversify not across stocks but across the smart people you follow. That is real diversification instead of Yahoo Finance diversification."
- James Altucher, The Choose Yourself Guide To Wealth
7. "The only fundamental and possible Socialism is the socialization of the selective breeding of Man: in other terms, of human evolution We must eliminate the Yahoo, or his vote will wreck the commonwealth."
- Quote by George Bernard Shaw
8. "One analysis of 2013 financial reports calculated that the value of each user to Google is $40 per year, and only $6 to Facebook, LinkedIn, and Yahoo. This is why companies like Google and Facebook keep raising the ante."
- Bruce Schneier, Data and Goliath: The Hidden Battles to Collect Your Data and Control Your World
9. "It occurred to me that there was nothing more precious than satisfaction. That it was possible to end up committing a crime just because you were contaminated by a little discontent. You could convince yourself that you were satisfied, then someone could come along and say, 'But I can offer you more', and then you could begin to think, My life is not worth much after all. In fact, you could tell yourself, My life was completely worthless from the start. p. 247, Yahoo Yahoo"
- Sefi Atta, News From Home: Short Stories
10. "You can train any animal into any behavior on cue if it’s a natural behavior to begin with. Racism, sexism, speciesism—all natural human behaviors. They can be triggered any time by any unscrupulous yahoo with a pulpit. A child could do it."
- Karen Joy Fowler, We Are All Completely Beside Ourselves